Ford Warranty covers rental car expenses for overnight repairs and warranty repairs. In addition to this coverage, they also provide rental cars for Field Service Actions.
The rental car benefit is available as long as the vehicle is being repaired under warranty. However, Ford’s warranty does not cover rental cars for accidents, theft, vandalism, improper maintenance or fuel use, environmental damage, aftermarket modifications, alterations, or damage caused by aftermarket parts.
It is important to note that the availability of a rental car may be subject to the diagnosis of the failure by the service advisor. If the repair is covered under warranty, Ford will provide a loaner or rental car.
Understanding Ford Warranty Coverage
When you purchase a Ford vehicle, it typically comes with a warranty that offers protection against certain defects and malfunctions. It’s important to understand what is covered under the Ford warranty to ensure you make the most of your vehicle’s warranty benefits. In this article, we will delve into the various aspects of Ford warranty coverage, including an overview of the coverage, what is included, and the exclusions to keep in mind. Let’s get started.
Overview Of Ford Warranty Coverage
Understanding the basics of Ford warranty coverage is essential for every Ford vehicle owner. The Ford warranty usually consists of two main components:
- New Vehicle Limited Warranty: This warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship for specific parts of your new Ford vehicle. It provides coverage for a certain number of years or miles, whichever comes first.
- Powertrain Limited Warranty: This warranty focuses specifically on the powertrain components of your Ford vehicle, including the engine, transmission, and drivetrain. It offers coverage for a longer period than the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
What Is Covered Under Ford Warranty?
The specific coverage under the Ford warranty may vary depending on the model and year of your vehicle. However, here are some common areas that are typically covered:
- Engine components
- Transmission and drivetrain components
- Electrical system
- Suspension and steering components
- Fuel system
- Air conditioning and heating system
- Brake system
- Audio and entertainment system
- And more…
It’s important to refer to your specific Ford warranty documentation or contact your dealership to get the exact details of coverage for your vehicle.
Exclusions From Ford Warranty Coverage
While the Ford warranty provides valuable protection, there are certain exclusions to keep in mind. Here are some common exclusions that may not be covered under the Ford warranty:
- Damage caused by accidents, theft, vandalism, or improper maintenance
- Environmental damage
- Aftermarket modifications or alterations
- Damage caused by aftermarket parts
It’s essential to thoroughly read your warranty documentation to understand the specific exclusions that apply to your vehicle. If you have any doubts, reaching out to your dealership or Ford customer service can help clarify any concerns.
By understanding the coverage and exclusions under the Ford warranty, you can make informed decisions and ensure you take advantage of the benefits provided by the warranty. Remember to keep your warranty documentation safe and refer to it whenever needed.
Rental Car Coverage With Ford Warranty
Does Ford Warranty Cover Rental Cars?
One of the concerns many Ford owners have is whether their warranty covers rental cars. The good news is that Ford warranty does provide coverage for rental cars in certain situations. This means that if your vehicle needs to be kept overnight for covered repairs or undergoes a warranty repair or a Field Service Action, you are eligible for rental car coverage.
Conditions For Eligibility For Rental Car Coverage
In order to be eligible for rental car coverage under Ford warranty, your vehicle must be kept overnight for covered repairs. This means that if your car needs extensive repairs or maintenance that cannot be completed within the same day, you will qualify for a rental car. It’s important to note that this coverage is only applicable for repairs and services covered by the warranty.
How To Request A Rental Car Under Ford Warranty
If your vehicle meets the conditions for rental car coverage under Ford warranty, you can request a rental car through your Ford dealer. Simply inform your Service Advisor that your car needs to be kept overnight for covered repairs and that you require a rental car. They will guide you through the process and help you arrange a rental car that meets your needs.
It’s worth mentioning that your Service Advisor might hesitate to offer you a rental car until the cause of the vehicle failure has been diagnosed. However, once the need for repairs is confirmed and your car qualifies for rental car coverage, you should be able to get a temporary replacement vehicle.
To summarize, Ford warranty does cover rental cars under specific circumstances. If your vehicle requires overnight repairs or warranty services, you can request a rental car through your Ford dealer. This coverage can provide you with peace of mind knowing that you won’t be left without transportation during the repair process.
Rental Car Options And Benefits
When it comes to Ford warranty coverage, one common question that arises is whether rental car expenses are included. Having access to a rental car can be a real convenience, especially when your vehicle requires repairs or maintenance that will keep it in the dealership for an extended period of time. In this article, we will explore the rental car options and benefits offered under the Ford warranty.
Available Rental Car Options With Ford Warranty
If your vehicle is kept overnight for covered repairs, you are eligible for rental car coverage under the Ford warranty. This means that you will have access to a rental car at no additional cost to you during the duration of the repairs. The type of rental car you have access to will depend on the specific terms and conditions of your Ford warranty and the availability at the dealership.
Benefits Of Rental Car Coverage Under Ford Warranty
One of the main benefits of rental car coverage under the Ford warranty is the peace of mind it provides. Knowing that you have a rental car available when your vehicle is in the dealership for repairs can ease the inconvenience and ensure that your daily routines are not disrupted. Whether you need a car for commuting to work, running errands, or picking up the kids from school, the rental car option can help you maintain your regular activities.
In addition to the convenience, rental car coverage also saves you money. Without warranty coverage, renting a car can be an expensive additional expense. However, with the Ford warranty, you don’t have to worry about the financial burden of renting a car during the repair period. This benefit allows you to focus on the repair process without any additional stress.
Time Limits And Restrictions For Rental Car Usage
While rental car coverage is available under the Ford warranty, it’s important to note that there may be time limits and restrictions on its usage. These limits and restrictions vary depending on the specific terms and conditions of your warranty, as well as the dealership policies. It’s always a good idea to check with your dealership or refer to the warranty documentation to understand the specific guidelines.
Some common restrictions for rental car usage may include:
- Time limits: There may be a specific number of days or a maximum timeframe for which you can use the rental car coverage.
- Coverage exclusions: Certain types of repairs or maintenance may not be covered under the rental car policy. It’s important to clarify with the dealership which repairs qualify for rental car coverage.
- Additional expenses: While the rental car itself may be covered, additional expenses such as fuel, insurance, or upgrades may not be included. Make sure to ask about any potential extra costs before finalizing the rental car agreement.
Understanding the time limits and restrictions for rental car usage will help you make the most out of your Ford warranty coverage and ensure a smooth experience during the repair process.
In conclusion, the rental car options and benefits provided under the Ford warranty can make a significant difference in your overall experience when your vehicle requires repairs or maintenance. By having access to a rental car, you can continue with your daily activities without disruption, all while saving on the expenses usually associated with renting a car. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of your Ford warranty to fully utilize the rental car coverage.
Making A Claim For Rental Car Coverage
Steps To File A Rental Car Claim Under Ford Warranty
When it comes to making a claim for rental car coverage under your Ford warranty, there are a few important steps you need to follow. These steps ensure that your claim is processed efficiently and you receive the reimbursement you are entitled to.
- Contact your Ford dealer: The first step is to get in touch with your Ford dealer. They will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary information and forms to file your claim.
- Fill out the claim form: Once you have contacted your Ford dealer, you will need to fill out the claim form. This form will ask for details such as your contact information, vehicle identification number (VIN), date and time of the rental, and the reason for the rental.
- Gather supporting documentation: Along with the claim form, you will need to provide supporting documentation. This may include the rental agreement, receipts, and any other relevant documents that prove your eligibility for rental car coverage.
- Submit your claim: After you have filled out the claim form and gathered all the necessary documentation, you can submit your claim to your Ford dealer. They will review your claim and process it accordingly.
Required Documentation For Rental Car Claim
When filing a rental car claim under your Ford warranty, it is important to have the required documentation in order to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process. The following documents are typically required:
- Rental agreement: This is the contract you signed with the rental car company when you rented the vehicle. It should include your name, the rental period, and any additional charges that were agreed upon.
- Receipts: Any receipts or invoices related to the rental car expenses should be included. This can include fuel charges, toll fees, and any other relevant expenses.
- Repair documentation: If the rental car was required due to a warranty repair or field service action, you will need to provide documentation from the Ford dealer that confirms the need for the rental car.
Processing Time And Reimbursement For Rental Car Expenses
Once your claim for rental car coverage under your Ford warranty is submitted, you may be wondering about the processing time and reimbursement for your rental car expenses. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Processing time: The processing time for rental car claims can vary depending on the Ford dealer and the specific circumstances of your claim. It is recommended to follow up with your dealer for an estimated timeline.
- Reimbursement: If your claim is approved, you will be eligible for reimbursement for the rental car expenses. The reimbursement process is typically done through a check or direct deposit.
Frequently Asked Questions On Does Ford Warranty Cover Rental Car
Does Ford Protect Cover Loaner Cars?
Yes, if your vehicle is kept overnight for covered repairs, Ford Protect provides rental car coverage.
Does Ford Premium Care Warranty Cover Rental Car?
Yes, Ford Premium Care warranty covers rental cars for covered repairs and Field Service Actions.
What Is Not Covered By Ford Warranty?
Ford warranty does not cover damage caused by accidents, theft, vandalism, improper maintenance or fuel use, environmental damage, aftermarket modifications, alterations, and damage caused by aftermarket parts.
What Comes Under Ford Warranty?
Ford warranty covers rental cars for customers who bring their vehicles to the dealer for service. If the vehicle needs to be kept overnight for covered repairs, rental car coverage is provided, including warranty repairs and Field Service Actions.
If you’re wondering if Ford warranty covers rental cars, the answer is yes. If your vehicle needs to stay overnight for covered repairs, you are eligible for rental car coverage, including warranty repairs. This ensures that you have a means of transportation while your vehicle is being fixed.
Keep in mind that there may be certain limitations and conditions to this coverage, so it’s always best to check with your Ford dealer for specific details. Rest assured that Ford has got you covered when it comes to rental car needs during repairs.
I’m Jose Whitmore is a writer at autoadvicelab.com & More.
I have over 10 years of experience working as a product specialist in the automotive sector.
My passion for reviewing all things cars stems from my love for fast cars and my own project cars.
In addition to driving around Texas at night, I’m enjoying reviewing the latest products, accessories, and mods.